Friday, May 20, 2005


CYCLING?
While I stopped at my favorite bar in Conegliano - La Casa del Caffe Carraro - on my way to get the train to Venice - for one of my many daily 'fixes' of caffeine - the tail of my eye caught this small group of 'wannabe' cylists - I loved their sponsored shirts - the color was so fresh and cool - however it was strange that instead of peddling away up and down the hillsides of Veneto they were sitting around relaxing and reading La Gazzetta Dello Sport - the pink sports tabloid! They were probably discussing the latest news of the - Giro D'Italia - which is over the half way mark right now? My thoughts spring forward to July and the Tour De France - the last Tour for - consecutive six times winner and 8 year cancer survivor - Lance Armstrong before his retirement. I wish him good luck for a seventh victory - but - Armstrong's story will not end at the 'finish line' as the American has already chalked out his future with the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a charity to aid the fight against cancer.
Pin It

No comments: